Topic: Successful ici at home????

Aloha,
We will be doing our first try next month. We've been reading a lot on the forums and it has made us a little nervous. We want to try at home. We also want to birth at home. We really want to limit the amount of medical stuff involved in having our family. But we are worried about chance of success. I will carry first and I am 30 years old with no health problems.

Does "yes" to past pregnancy mean with frozen, since some donors have kids? Will they tell us if it was ici or iui or even ivf?

It seems like people want to keep their donors private. Would anyone be willing to share if they were successful with ici with a current donor, even if you dont want to say which one? Please???? Did you use more than one vile at a time? or do two days in a row or anything? It would give us so much hope to know that it has worked for people!
Thank you!!!!

Re: Successful ici at home????

"Past pregnancy" means pregnancies resulting from sperm purchased through NW. The only way you can know what type of treatment was used to achieve the pregnancy is if you connect with the family individually (i.e. through the forum).

Thank you for your help! I really hope some will be willing to say if they had success with ici. For us it's more important than anything except health. And there is only a couple that we can't use because we carry the same genetic disease.

For what its worth, we were successful at home using ICI with a NW donor. However, the donor isn't one currently on the listing. We know many people that were successful at home using NW ICI vials. Most of the "older" folks that had this success don't frequent the boards these days and I don't keep up enough now a days on here to know of/how the success stories are now.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f91/Jdiana21/31841730_10157274320597786_4761728166882443264_o_zpsegz5hxml.jpg

I was unsuccessful with 6 tries with nw sperm, mix of home tries and iui with doctor, used 1-2 vials each month (2home1 doctor)I switched banks and was successful with 2nd iui, doctor assisted.

TTC attempt 1: ICI Dec 2015 BFN/Attempt 2-3 IUI Jan&April 2016 BFN/Attempt 4: 1ICI 1 IUI May 2016 BFN/Attempt 5-7: ICI-June, Sept, Nov 2016 BFN/Attempt 8-9 iui April 2017 BFN.
May 2017 IUI BFP!!!! 
http://www.countdownmypregnancy.com/tickers/pregnant-1494046800z5z1495083600z1.png
http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1d86de

I had two pregnancies using ICI at home with NW sperm. The first unfortunately ended in a miscarriage but the second ended in a beautiful baby girl. I was 28 the first time and 29 this last time. I will be 30 in September. I did one ICI sperm bottle at home both times and inseminated at 24hrs past a positive ovulation test. Good luck!

Krystal - 28 - Future SMBC - PCOS - Pre-Diabetic - Insulin Resistant - MTHFR Carrier - Hypothyroidism - IUI on 3/20/16 - BFN | ICI on 5/28/16 - Positive!!! Sadly I miscarried on July 21, 2016 | ICI on 9/11/16 & 9/12/16 -  BFN | IUI on 10/12/16 - BFP Due July 2017!!

It's a girl!!! Genetic testing came back and everything is good!

Charlese was born on June 17, 2017 at 8:33 AM. She was the most gorgeous baby I've ever seen. She came into this world weighing 7 lbs and 5ozs. She was 19 1/2 inches.

Thank you all so much for sharing. We are so excited to try. I'm trying to convince my wife we should try this month! Ahhh!

Have you already registered and everything? Probably a stupid question, just want to be sure you're aware that you have to have your registration processed/approved before you can order!

We used NW to conceive our almost 6 year old. I got pregnant on the first try at home, using 2 ICI vials (12ish & 24ish hrs past positive opk). I had an early miscarriage, but we tried again the following month. We chose to switch donors and again, I got pregnant on the first try using 2 ICI vials with the same timing. That resulted in our son, whose donor retired when I was still pregnant with him.

Mom to P (13), J (11), E (6), and Q (born December 2017)

Yes thanks spje, we are registered. And thank you for sharing your experience. I was so anxious but you all have made me feel so much better about our chances. We were going to monitor one more month. we've done three months and they have all been the same as far as opk and temp timiing, so I feel ready to go! I think I've almost got my wife convinced to order tomorrow for ovulation this weekend :-)

Good luck!

Mom to P (13), J (11), E (6), and Q (born December 2017)

The cycle I got my BFP on we did a home ICI 8 hours past a positive opk, then a home IUI 20 hours past positive opk. Not sure which one did it, but it is possible to be successful. I was not on any fertility meds at the time either.

Wife to DH with hypopitutarism and azoospermia
TTC~
Try #1 ICI 8/15 -BFN
Try #2 ICI & IUI 9/15 -BFP!

Abbigail Helen born 6/5/2016 7lb6oz

Thank you all for sharing your experience. We are officially in our first two weekwait. even though we practiced last month with just preseed, we spilled some but got some in the right place ???? Temp shift the next morning so timing was right on. Just waiting now.

Good luck!

Krystal - 28 - Future SMBC - PCOS - Pre-Diabetic - Insulin Resistant - MTHFR Carrier - Hypothyroidism - IUI on 3/20/16 - BFN | ICI on 5/28/16 - Positive!!! Sadly I miscarried on July 21, 2016 | ICI on 9/11/16 & 9/12/16 -  BFN | IUI on 10/12/16 - BFP Due July 2017!!

It's a girl!!! Genetic testing came back and everything is good!

Charlese was born on June 17, 2017 at 8:33 AM. She was the most gorgeous baby I've ever seen. She came into this world weighing 7 lbs and 5ozs. She was 19 1/2 inches.