Topic: Our Journey K&C

Hi! We are K (28 yrs old) and C (34 yrs old).  We have 2 fur babies - both beagle mixes and are ready to bring a human baby into our family.  We are newlyweds in our second month TTC.  We have chosen Donor 4677, and are trying a few rounds of at home ICI.  Last month was unsuccessful, so we just placed our order over the weekend for our second set of vials to be delivered next week.  As we all are, I'm hoping this month will be the lucky one.

I have started a journal privately, but I want to post some of our story here to share with anyone who feels like reading it.  I will be updating this a little at a time to get caught up.

Re: Our Journey K&C

So, this is our second month.  We started last month with charting, temping, OPKs and then the insemination.  We had planned to chart a few months before purchasing sperm, but my job put a few things into perspective so we decided to go ahead and start now.  C started on Prenatals, EPO, and FertileCM. We used 2 ICI vials from 4677.  We inseminated at 12/24 past peak OPK (using Clearblue Connected).  The first one was in the evening so we just used the syringe and preseed, and she stayed elevated and laying down for at least an hour.  Orgasm after insemination.  The next morning, we used the Stork OTC, preseed, orgasm after, and only stayed laying down for about 15 minutes since we had used the cup and it was time to get ready for work.
FF decided that she didn't ovulate until the 2nd, but her peak OPK was on the morning of the 31st.  So we inseminated 31st (PM) and 1st (AM).  I'm thinking this might be why we weren't successful.  This month, we are bumping it back a bit.

We have just started Cycle 4.  I've been away for the past 2 inseminations, but from what I could tell as far as C's chart looked and timing, we should've nailed the 2nd attempt.  Her temps were all over and the OPK and FF were in disagreement during this last cycle, #3, so we didn't expect too much from that attempt.
We are considering switching donors at this point, to one that has confirmed pregnancies/live births.  I'm glad to be home and to get to be part of the process this round.

We decided last night that we will be switching donors for the new few cycles. We ordered the childhood photos for 8843 and decided we are going to try with him since he does have confirmed pregnancies and live births.
It would be amazing if this was the last cycle we needed. Fx.

Just ordered for Cycle #4. smile

So we are in Cycle 5 now.  Our tank is supposed to ship today for delivery on Tuesday.  Assuming the timing of ovulation works out, we are doing an IUI with a midwife this month and doing our other vial with a Stork.  We leave for vacation 3 days after C is supposed to ovulate, so fingers crossed! We had contemplated sitting this cycle out because of the short timeframe we have, but we really don't want to miss a chance at conception.
Last month was a complete bust with timing and the usual signs she gets on her BBT chart, but her temps spiked at the end and AF was a few days late.  I think we somehow ALMOST got it right? Lol
Hopefully this month we can be more comfortable with the timing and get it all the way right!

@2HopefulMommies Hey there. I'm crossing my fingers this cycle takes for you guys. I had Donor #8843 shipped to my doctor's office they recieved it Friday. I get my medicated IUI in July. The other times were unmedicated seeing as though I don't have any fertility issues. But I chose to do medicated since I'm tired of trying. Me and my Wife just want our healthy baby already. Here's to praying this is it for both of us. ☺